What does Nanashi mean to you?

A forum to post questions, suggestions, comments, complaints, and all other forms of official communications for or about Nanashi.

What does Nanashi mean to you?

Postby Guardian » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:54 pm

This is important. I want to know what Nanashi means to you. Be as detailed as you can. Why do you want Nanashi to exist? What do you see yourself doing there? What do you see Nanashi becoming in the first year? After five years? Ten? What if the shit never hits the proverbial fan? No zombies, no plagues, no economic collapse. What then? Would you still want Nanashi to succeed?

Gimme a run-through of what you expect a typical day in Nanashi to be like for you. Close your eyes an imagine Nanashi; what do you see?

And after you've done all that, end your thoughts with a single word: What one word do you think of when you think of Nanashi.
Guardian
Triumvir

Re: What does Nanashi mean to you?

Postby Haru » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Why do I want Nanashi to exist? Secret. What do I see myself doing there? Secret. What do I see Nanashi becoming in the first year? A plot of land and a motivation to people who need it. A place that will house the dreams and desires of those who work for Nanashi. After five years I see a developing community of three. I see houses, pools, and recreations. Ten years? I don't wanna think that far ahead.

My day in Nanashi: The time is around noon. The sky is clear and the air is warm. The day you only ever see from inside a classroom when you cannot partake in the wonders of that day. Yea I think everybody knows this day that I speak of. And on this day I will be lying under a tree, a large, strong tree blowing in the a prairie like breeze. I will stay there until the moon has risen having accomplished nothing. And when night comes and the moon is up, I'll walk down to a nearby creek/lake/pool and I'll swim until I'm too tired and then return to my tree and sleep out in the open unafraid of the open air!

My one word: Secret.
Haru
Commander

Postby Johnny » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Guardian wrote:This is important. I want to know what Nanashi means to you. Be as detailed as you can.

To me, Nanashi represents a future without reliance on a twisted and perverted version of the American Dream, a future where I can do whatever I choose to do, rather than feeling obligated to do things I don't want to do, based on societal expectations. I want to live somewhere where laws are based on true morality, and protection of *every* citizen, not just the ones rich or privileged enough to afford the best lawyers. I want to live in true equality, true freedom, and true peace.

Why do you want Nanashi to exist?

I see Nanashi as my best chance to live in freedom, without having to get some soul-sucking job, making other people rich, and being miserable for the rest of my life. I want to be able to work for myself, to my own ends, for my own reasons. I refuse to be a slave.

What do you see yourself doing there?

At first, I see myself learning how to farm, hunt, and build. Sleeping in a tent or the back of my truck, while I build my own house with my own hands. I want to wander Nanashi, helping where I can, starting fun new projects (fish farm? waterfall?).

What do you see Nanashi becoming in the first year?

I imagine the first year will be mostly construction, building houses, setting up crops, chicken coops, power grids. But if we know how to live off the land, I expect we can go as slowly as we want, taking our time to do things well. I hope we all get to experiment with different architectures, gardening techniques, power generation, et cetera.

After five years?

I imagine the infrastructure will be complete by then, so life will probably be mainly farming, hunting, cooking, washing... We'll probably be a good way along in the construction of a wall around Nanashi, and we may even be to a point where we might consider permitting more people to come in, build houses, and join the community. But I imagine the process will be fairly strict, and only the best people will be admitted. People who are willing to work hard to help the community. At this point, we may even have had a couple exiles, due to lack of work, or incompatible personalities. Though our tough screening process should cut way down on such incidents.

Ten?

Well, I hope for a complete collapse of society at large by this time. Zombies, banking crisis, civil war, whatever. I imagine that nomads may show up at our gates now and then, hoping for asylum or trade (though we only offer trade, and only rarely). I imagine our population to be fifty or less, with constant patrols along the walls, people working the crops, and maybe even some recreation by this point.

What if the shit never hits the proverbial fan? No zombies, no plagues, no economic collapse. What then? Would you still want Nanashi to succeed?

Of course! Because I see Nanashi as a means of escape from what I see as a corrupted society that aims to destroy me and my spirit. I want to leave society at large, and live in peace and quiet among my closest friends and family, working to pull my own weight, helping my own community succeed, rather than making some guy in a suit enough money to buy a third home.

Gimme a run-through of what you expect a typical day in Nanashi to be like for you. Close your eyes an imagine Nanashi; what do you see?

I expect to wake up in my hobbit hole, throw another log on the fireplace to keep it going at a low level, step out into the late afternoon sunshine, and begin wandering the paths and roads. Eventually, I'll make my way to the community center (whatever that may be, town square, nanashi hall, whatever), hang out with my friends, maybe help cook a feast for the community, and then partake in that feast, having fun, good food (even if it is mostly veggies), and listening to the music of our "bards" (really, just whoever knows how to play an instrument and brought it with them to Nanashi). After the feast, I may wander the streets, keeping an eye out for any dangers, keeping the community safe (as the Captain of the Guard, it's sorta my job), maybe I'll take a shift patrolling the wall (though that'd be by permission of the Commander). After six hours of wakefulness, it's time for another 30-minute nap. Then, perhaps I take a rifle or crossbow outside the wall, into the wilderness. Maybe I find a deer, an elk, or a wild cow (maybe they escaped after their farmers turned to zombies?), or at the very least, I find a rabbit, squirrel, bird, something. Bring my kill back to Nanashi to be used for the next night's feast. And then I spend the rest of my time reading books, writing books, drawing, composing, whatever. Being creative. Because there's no one around to tell me I'm being lazy, or I should be doing something else.

And after you've done all that, end your thoughts with a single word: What one word do you think of when you think of Nanashi.

Freedom.
Johnny
Captain

Postby suibaku » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:30 pm

Why do I want Nanashi to exist? Nanashi is a place of freedom, true freedom. I want to be able to do what I please, how i please, without harming or affecting anyone else. I want to live in a place where I can be my own person.

What do I see myself doing here? I see myself building a home, with or without the help of others. I also see myself creating a world of independence, self-sustainment, less dependence on the material world that we currently live in. This place will also allow us an escape when the world turns upon itself and has no where else to go.

First Year? Ten Years? First year will see continued improvement and building upon the current system of living. We will be growing our micronation up in order to survive completely on our own accords (for the most part anyways). Ten years I hope to see Nanashi has grown into a well developed and established place of living and freedom, full of people who have sought to become more independent and free.

Successful without apocalypse? This would be ideal; Nanashi is not just a place to escape the apocalypse. It is a place to live without direct control of a government that we do not agree with. It can be a place of asylum for people who no longer believe that the government of the USA or potentially other places around the world. We want to live in a world of actual freedom, not hypothetical freedom that we don't have control of and are losing every day.

One Word: Freedom.
suibaku
Chancellor

Return to Official Matters